- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
- Displacement: 599 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0 x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.3:1
- Fuel Injection: DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles, two injectors per throttle body
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: X-Ring Chain
- Rake/Trail: 24 deg / 4.1 in.
- Frame type: Aluminum perimeter
- Front Tire Size: 120/70-ZR17
- Rear Tire Size: 180/55-ZR17
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 41 mm inverted Showa Big Piston Front fork with top-out springs, stepless compression and rebound damping, fully-adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-Link Uni-Trak® with gas-charged shock, top-out spring and pillow ball upper mount, dual-range (high/low-speed) stepless compression damping, 25-way adjustable rebound damping, fully-adjustable spring preload / 5.3 in.
- Front Brake Type: Dual 300mm petal rotors with dual radial-mounted, four-piston, four-pad calipers
- Rear Brake Type: Single 220mm petal rotor with single-piston caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Seat Height: 32.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 421.2 lbs.
- Overall Length: 82.3 in.
- Overall Width: 28.0 in.
- Overall Height: 43.9 in.
- Color: Passion Red, Metallic Spark Black, Lime Green/Metallic Spark Black
- Warranty: 12 months
- Lean physique, low-mass, awesome power delivery and precise control
- Camshafts are made of chrome-moly steel
- Lightweight magnesium engine covers are standard
- Lightweight top injector mounting plate
- Lightweight transmission gears and gear dogs
- Lightweight oil pump and starter gears
- Inlet pressure pulse monitor does away with cam angle sensor, further contributing to lightness
- Cassette-type transmission makes it easy to quickly swap gear ratios, reducing set-up time at the track
Massive Mid-Range Perfomance
- Double bore velocity stacks feature inlets at two different heights, for increased performance in both the mid
- and high-rpm ranges
- Cam and tappets nitriding enables high-load cam profiles, for maximum performance
- Crown-finished pistons
- Molybdenum-coated piston skirts for reduced friction and engine break-in
- Low-tension piston rings reduce mechanical loss
- Advanced cam chain guides stabilize chain motion and further reduce mechanical loss
- Exhaust collector layout contributes to superb low and mid-range performance while maintaining high-rpm performance
More Precise Throttle Conrtol
- Cylindrical guides in the top of the air cleaner box ensure accurately sprayed fuel mist from the secondary injectors into the intake funnels, improving combustion efficiency
- Long throttle bodies between oval sub-throttles and round main throttles yield a smooth intake transition, for reduced inlet turbulence and increased efficiency
- Advanced cylinder porting delivers excellent cylinder-filling and scavenging
- High-current secondary coil circuitry for optimum combustion efficiency
- The sub-frame is a 2-piece aluminum die-casting consisting of a front and rear section
- The lightweight sub-frame is very narrow, for a compact and slim rear end
- Intake resonator box and supports for the instrument panel and mirrors are unitized with the Ram Air duct, contributing to weight savings and increased rigidity
Tuned Chassis Balance and Mass Centralization
- Frame stiffness around the swingarm pivot and the rear engine mounts optimizes front-rear rigidity balance
- Engine is rotated forward around the output shaft for steeper intake angle and excellent CG
- Exhaust layout with a short side muffler keeps the weight low
- Exhaust pre-chamber further contributes to mass centralization
Ergonomics and Chassis Feedback
- Seat-pegs-bar relationship places handlebars close to the rider and turned in slightly for a highly intuitive riding position
- Fuel tank profile is flared around its top, similar to the ZX-10R, providing a large contact patch for excellent rider feedback
- Slim-waisted fuel tank makes it easy for the rider to grip the tank with his knees or to hang off in turns
- Sculpted seat allows the rider to shift his body far back on the rear seat step, helping to reduce rider fatigue
- Steep rake angle for quick steering response and enhanced communication from the front tire
- Rear brake master cylinder reservoir forward of the swingarm mount frees up space around the footpeg, for simplicity and weight savings
Low Seat Height
- Narrow rear sub-frame makes it easy to reach the ground
- Front of seat is narrow and low, for a slim riding position and a short reach to the pavement
- ZX-6R features Showa's Big Piston Front fork (BPF) design, for fantastic braking and initial corner turn-in
- The BPF eliminates many of the internal components used in a cartridge-type fork, simplifying construction and resulting in lighter overall fork weight
- The large-diameter of the BPF's internal piston allows a reduction in damping pressure, for better feedback and smoother action
- The ZX-6R swingarm uses many of the same parts as the ZX-10R; both left and right inner plates, the left outer plate, rear stand bosses, brake caliper stopper, chain guard and swingarm pivot shaft
- 220mm rear petal disc
- Rear brake lever is mounted coaxially with the footpeg for excellent mid-stroke braking efficiency and optimum feel
Race-Quality Steering Damper
- A race-quality adjustable Öhlins steering damper with relief valve and twin-tube design is fitted as standard equipment
- Highly evolved fairing for great wind protection, minimal cross-wind effects
- Position lamps are integral with the projector beam headlights; the Ninja ZX-6R features dual position lamps like the ZX-10R
- One-piece fender offers excellent aerodynamics
- Inner fender above the swingarm helps to reduce turbulence and keeps the undertail clean
- Front brake hose routing with a three-way joint at the lower triple-clamp facilitates bleeding air from the brake lines
- Similar in design to that of the ZX-10R, the instrument panel gives at-a-glance information to the rider